Effective today at 11:59pm, face masks are no longer mandated at the following locations:
• McAllen City Hall
• McAllen Public Library
• McAllen Development Center
• McAllen Police Department
• Municipal Court
• McAllen Public Works Recycling Center
• Lark Community Center
• Las Palmas and Palmview Community Center
• Palm View Golf Course
• McAllen Convention Center
• McAllen Performing Arts Center
This comes as Texas Governor Greg Abbott, lifted the mask mandate for schools and government buildings.
Face masks will still be required at public transit places including the McAllen International Airport, Metro McAllen buses, and McAllen’s Central Bus Station until September.